at that time
- Established at Minami Motomachi in Kochi-City with the initial capital of 180,000 yen. Involved in the development of "KODOSHI (High Quality Paper)," a high water resistant paper manufactured by impregnating viscose into handmade paper, used for herb medicine decoction.
- "KODOSHI" marketed as a separator for aluminum electrolytic capacitor.
- In order to respond to the growing demand of capacitor separator, paper-making machine No.1 is introduced to start production of capacitor separator.
Former Head Office
and Plant (1960s)
A party held in
of Haruno Plant.
- Paper-making machine No.2 is introduced for the first time in Japan to produce duplex paper.
- Started export of capacitor separator to China, Taiwan and Brazil, etc.
- Paper-making machine No.3 started operation.
- Haruno Plant （current Head Office/Head Plant） started operation in Haruno-cho, Agawa-gun（current Kochi-City）, Kochi Prefecture.
Paper-making machine No.5 started operation.
- Paper-making machine No.6 started operation.
Plant in Haruno
- Former head office and its plant closed and relocated to Haruno Plant（current Head Office/Head Plant）.
Highly functional separators for paperlined dry batteries developed and started sales.
- Paper-making machine No.7 as the combination of machine No.2 and 3 started operation.
- Collaboration venture with Oji F-Tex Co., Ltd. (formerly Honshu Paper Co., Ltd.), started on manufacturing capacitor separator.
- Developed low impedance capacitor separator.
- Developed separator for alkaline battery.
Plant in Haruno
installing Machine No.8
- Paper-making machine No.8 started operation.
- Nonwovens-making machine started operation.
- Paper-making machine No.10 started operation.
- Developed mercury-free alkaline battery separator.
- Honoured by the visit of His Highness The Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan.
Aki Plant completed
- Aki Plant started operation in Aki-City, Kochi Prefecture.
Paper-making machine No.11 started operation.
- Developed separator for Ni-MH battery.
- Introduced spunbond nonwovens-making machine in Aki Plant.
- Paper-making machine No.12 started operation in Aki Plant.
- Shares of NKK opened to the public by the Japan Securities Dealers Association (OTC registration)
N-1 started operation
- Paper-making machine N-1 started operation in Haruno Plant（current Head Office/Head Plant）.
- NIPPON KODOSHI KOGYO (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD established.
- Acquired 240ha of forest in Aki city which reserving the source of river as water resource.
- Nankoku Plant started operation in Nankoku-City, Kochi Prefecture.
- Listed its stock on JASDAQ Securities Exchange. Inc. （current Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. JASDAQ(standard) ）.
- Full-scale entry into the lithium-ion battery separator market.
R-1 started operation
- Yonago Plant started operation in Yonago-City, Tottori Prefecture. Paper-making machine R-1 started operation.